MCCOMB, Miss. (AP) — Pike County officials are seeking the relatives of a man found dead in his home last weekend.
Authorities say Charles Markase was found dead Friday afternoon after a mail carrier reported mail and newspapers piling up at his house in McComb.
Pike County Coroner Percy Pittman said Markase had been dead for about three weeks, apparently of natural causes, before McComb police officers found him.
Markase, in his late 60s or early 70s, moved to McComb from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and was retired from the Internal Revenue Service. Pittman says Markase reportedly has siblings, some in the New Orleans area and some in Texas, but he doesn't know how to contact them.
Anyone with contact information for his family should call 601-810-3993 or 601-249-1770.
- Mississippi officials seek family of dead man found at home
- Mother and daughter found dead in central Mississippi home
- Man accused of killing neighbor found dead in Mississippi
- Officials: Man found dead beneath lawnmower in small creek
- Officials identify Mississippi man killed in home invasion
- 5 dogs found dead, possibly poisoned in Mississippi
- Missing Mississippi woman, 30, found dead in Florida
- 2 found dead, partially clothed in car in Mississippi
- Mississippi announces dead deer found with fatal disease
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead