WOODVILLE, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man who was found burned to death inside a car near a strip club has been identified.
Wilkinson County Coroner Nolan Thompson tells the Enterprise-Journal of McComb 44-year-old Shane Lambuth, of Natchez, died from the heat of the flames. Thompson says he arrived on scene at about 9 p.m. on Feb. 2 and found Lambuth's body burned beyond recognition.
He says he doesn't know why Lambuth didn't exit the blazing truck.
The Wilkinson County Sheriff's Department and Woodville Fire Department are investigating the incident.
- Mississippi man found burned to death in car identified
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Mississippi man who was electrocuted is identified
- 2 found dead, partially clothed in car in Mississippi
- Officials identify Mississippi man killed in home invasion
- Teens indicted in death of boy found in stolen car
- Police chief identifies man whose body was found in vehicle
- Authorities seek info about death of Mississippi man
- Suspect in Missouri man's death arrested in Mississippi
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi