VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a Mississippi man has drowned after a friend says he fell out of a boat while fishing.
WAPT-TV reports 51-year-old Eugene King Jr. was on a Sunday morning fishing trip with the friend on a private lake when he fell out of the small boat.
Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace says King wasn't wearing a flotation device.
King's body has been sent for an autopsy at the state crime lab.
The sheriff's office and Mississippi Wildlife Fisheries department are investigating.
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Authorities say drowning in Mississippi lake was accidental
- Man found in state park lake after apparent drowning
- Park system allowing limited shark fishing
- Alabama pier allowing more shark fishing
- Man charged in southwest Mississippi dogfighting operation
- Mississippi man confirmed as Veterans Affairs undersecretary
- Mississippi man sentenced for second-degree murder
- Mississippi man fights cancer, closes historical restaurant
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting