TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Police say a man has been charged in connection with a shooting of a teenager.
News outlets report that 22-year-old Lederius Rogers was charged with attempted murder in the Thursday shooting. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
Tuscaloosa police responded to the DCH Regional Medical Center after learning a 17-year-old male had arrived by private vehicle and was dropped off at the entrance of the emergency room. He had a gunshot wound to the chest.
Tuscaloosa Violent Crime Unit Capt. Gary Hood says the victim was rushed into surgery. His condition improved Friday, and he is now in stable condition.
The motive of the shooting is still unclear.
- Man charged in connection with shooting of teenager
- Police: Teenager arrested in connection with shooting
- Man charged in connection with 91-year-old woman's death
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- 2 charged in connection with death at faked accident scene
- Woman charged in connection to death at faked accident scene
- Woman charged in connection with homicide in Alabama
- Man charged in the shooting death of another man
- 2 Mississippi men arrested in connection with attack on man
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party