DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — A man has been arrested after crashing his vehicle while evading police in southeastern Alabama.
Dothan Police told WSFA-TV that officers pursued a suspect vehicle after responding to a call of shots fired in the downtown area on Tuesday. Police say 29-year-old Jahmal Devon McGhee lost control of the car 10 minutes later.
During the chase, police say a woman jumped out of the vehicle while McGhee kept driving before the vehicle crashed.
McGhee has been charged with reckless endangerment, attempting to elude and attempted assault in the first degree.
- Man arrested after crashing vehicle while evading police
- Police chief identifies man whose body was found in vehicle
- Man arrested on felony charge after deadly crash in Alabama
- Police: Man fatally crashes while fleeing hit-and-run
- Police arrest man for drug possession, hiding drugs in body
- Police: Man arrested after family spat causes fatal pileup
- Alabama SGA president arrested after crash
- Officials: Man had meth packaged as Mexican candy in vehicle
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash
- Police: Mississippi lawyer arrested on meth charge