WOODVILLE, Miss. (AP) — An inmate has been found dead in a Mississippi jail after a dispute with his cellmate.
WLBT-TV reports that officers in the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility found Thomas Burks unresponsive in his cell early Wednesday.
Medical staff did CPR, but could not revive him.
An autopsy is being done, and the death is under investigation.
- Inmate dies in a Mississippi jail, investigation underway
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Mississippi inmate once on FBI's Most Wanted list dies
- Inmate with 4 convictions dies in Mississippi prison
- Search underway for south Mississippi escapee
- Psychologist: Solitary confinement hurts Mississippi inmates
- Judge leaves Mississippi physician jailed until sentencing