WOODVILLE, Miss. (AP) — An inmate has been found dead in a Mississippi jail after a dispute with his cellmate.
WLBT-TV reports that officers in the Wilkinson County Correctional Facility found Thomas Burks unresponsive in his cell early Wednesday.
Medical staff did CPR, but could not revive him.
An autopsy is being done, and the death is under investigation.
- Inmate dies in a Mississippi jail, investigation underway
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Psychologist: Solitary confinement hurts Mississippi inmates
- Judge leaves Mississippi physician jailed until sentencing
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash
- Inmate assault puts cell block on lockdown in Mississippi
- Inmates say East Mississippi prison is unsanitary, unhealthy