MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old boy has died in a house fire in Montgomery.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that the blaze happened Friday morning on the city's northeast side.
Montgomery Fire/Rescue spokesman O.J. Whiting said firefighters discovered the boy as they were attempting to put out the fire. They responded to the call around 8 a.m.
Few other details were immediately available.
- Boy, 2, dies in Friday morning house fire in Montgomery
- Man dies in Montgomery blaze, city's 1st fire death of 2017
- Mississippi couple dies in house fire
- Bikesharing coming to Montgomery in August
- 2 shot, 1 dead in Montgomery double shooting
- Montgomery officer paid for 18 months before guilty plea
- Montgomery woman named Alabama teacher of the year
- House passes bill against cyberbullying after boy's suicide
- Firefighters battle fire at historic Alabama house
- 2 Mississippi children die in house fire