TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man has been indicted, accused of groping a 14-year-old girl in a shopping center parking lot.
AL.com reports that a Jefferson County grand jury indicted 26-year-old Brent Lee Higginbotham on Jan. 12. Court records made public Monday say he has been charged with first-degree sexual abuse by force.
Trussville police say they arrested Higginbotham in November in connection with the alleged incident Oct. 15 in the parking lot of the Trussville Crossing Parkway Shopping Center.
Police Det. Michael Bruce says Higginbotham grabbed the 14-year-old girl, placing one hand on her breast and the other around her waist. Investigators say they don't know what his intentions were.
Higginbotham remains free on bond and a court date has not been set.
It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Authorities: Man indicted, accused of groping girl, 14
- Man indicted on capital murder charge over body in freezer
- Man indicted after election sentenced to 6 months
- Mississippi man indicted in shooting deaths of 8 people
- Auburn fires indicted basketball assistant Chuck Person
- Former sheriff's office spokeswoman has been indicted
- Alabama doctor, 3 nurse practitioners indicted
- Mississippi accountant indicted on tax-related charges
- Alabama man accused of sexually abusing teen girl for a year
- Fired officer accused of inappropriate contact with girls