TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man is being charged with capital murder in the death of his 20-month-old daughter.
Capt. Kip Hart of the Tuscaloosa County homicide unit tells area media that 31-year-old Samuel Darrell Cabbil is being held in the death of Kandice Cabbil.
An investigation began after the girl was taken to a hospital emergency room by ambulance on Sunday night. Authorities say the man had called 911 to say he found the child unresponsive.
Hart says police suspected foul play almost immediately and took the father into custody on a traffic charge. Officers were charging him in the child's death on Monday.
Court records aren't yet available to show whether Cabbil has a lawyer to speak on his behalf.
- Alabama man held in daughter's death
- Mother, daughter fell into freezing lake in Alabama
- Mom sues Alabama zoo where kangaroo bit daughter's ear
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- 2 friends of missing Alabama man accused in his death
- Man sentenced to death in Alabama for teen's fatal shooting
- Man found shot to death in car in Alabama
- Death of Alabama inmate ruled suicide
- Sheriff: Man kills himself, his son, daughter and her fiancé
- Sheriff: Mom tails man who kidnapped daughter at gunpoint