COLUMBIANA, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama man has abused the corpse of a woman whose body was found last month.
AL.com reports 42-year-old Anthony Scott Germany was arrested by the Shelby County Sheriff's Office on Friday and charged with felony corpse abuse of 27-year-old Melissa Ann Cleckler's body, which was found on Nov. 2 in Columbiana.
The arrest warrant for Germany says the crime happened on Oct. 18. It says he removed the body from a house, transported it by vehicle and dumped it.
The case is being investigated as a homicide, but investigators have not said how Cleckler was killed. Charges have not been filed for causing her death.
Sheriff John Samaniego announced money rewards for information leading those responsible for Cleckler's death.
It is unclear if Germany has a lawyer.
- Alabama man charged with corpse abuse in case of slain woman
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- Alabama man faces 6,547 child porn charges
- Woman charged in connection with homicide in Alabama
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Man charged with murder in 2016 Alabama man's disappearance
- Flu cases on rise in Alabama
- Jurors get case of man accused of strangling, burning woman
- Alabama woman unearths Tennessee man's long-lost class ring
- Man charged with murder in shooting at Alabama family party