MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Prison officials say they've captured an Alabama inmate who left a work site in Montgomery.
The Department of Corrections says Elmore County deputies captured 34-year-old Michael Deshaun McLeod at a gas station where he surrendered Monday night.
A statement from the prison system says officers had a tip about McLeod's whereabouts. He'd walked off a job site earlier in the day.
McLeod is serving a 20-year sentence after being convicted on a gun charge in Montgomery County in 2014. He was serving time at the Frank Lee Work Release Center in Deatsville.
- Alabama inmate recaptured at gas station
- Inmate recaptured, had escaped hospital through ceiling
- UPDATE: Lauderdale County escapee recaptured
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Officer shoots suspect at Mississippi gas station
- 1 man charged in October robbery, shooting at gas station
- Mississippi casinos oppose video gambling in gas stations
- Officer fatally shoots man in robbery at gas station store
- 2 inmates escape from Alabama prison
- Lawyer: Condemned Alabama inmate doesn't remember crime