MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) – Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall has announced the appointment of Angelo Della Manna to become director of the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences (ADFS).
This appointment will be effective Jan. 1, 2018.
He most recently served as the department’s deputy director.
The appointment is subject to final approval by the State Personnel Board and Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey.
“My staff of forensic science professionals and I will remain focused on the critical role we have in the justice system as the only internationally accredited provider of forensic science services in Alabama, as we collectively strive to help make Alabama safer, each and every day,” Manna said.
He is replacing Director Michael Sparks, who is retiring effective December 31.
- AL AG appoints Manna as director of Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences
- Alabama Gov. Ivey appoints Mendheim to state Supreme Court
- Gov. Bryant appoints Eupora native as interim executive director of the MS Division of Medicaid
- Governor won't appoint self to U.S. Senate
- Trump appoints Keenum to agriculture board
- Alabama AG seeks execution date in police officer death
- Aging Alabama needs an army of millennial nurses
- Alabama Department of Education of top personnel cuts
- Auburn appoints advisory committee to help find new AD
- Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran