JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Two people have been arrested in connection with the death of a Mississippi man whose body was found at what authorities say was a phony accident scene.
The body of 44-year-old Roger Lee Scruggs Jr. of Brandon was found Dec. 2 under a bridge in rural Yazoo County near an overturned all-terrain vehicle. Last week, an investigator told local media that detectives believe Scruggs was killed somewhere else.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation announced in a news release the arrests of two Jackson men — John May and Larry Cooper — on charges of conspiracy, hindering prosecution and accessory after the fact of murder. They await a Dec. 27 initial court appearance. Results of an autopsy on Scruggs are pending. The MBI hasn't said whether other arrests are expected.
- 2 charged in connection with death at faked accident scene
- Woman charged in connection to death at faked accident scene
- Man charged in connection with 91-year-old woman's death
- Woman charged in connection with homicide in Alabama
- Man charged in connection with shooting of teenager
- Police: Teenager arrested in connection with shooting
- Mississippi would combat fake urine with 'Urine Trouble' law
- Fake doctor who worked in 4 states sentenced to prison
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- Man charged in the shooting death of another man