GOODWATER, Ala. (AP) — Two people have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of an 87-year-old man in Alabama.
News outlets report that Capt. Tom Herman with the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's State Bureau of Investigation confirmed Tuesday that 26-year-old LaDaniel Martel Tuck and 25-year-old LaTonia Althea Daniel are charged in the death of Thomas V. Chandler.
Herman says Goodwater police called state authorities to assist in the investigation after Chandler's body was found off a road on Monday.
Daniel and Tuck were taken to Coosa County Jail. It's unclear if they have lawyer.
The investigation remains active. Further details weren't immediately released.
- 2 arrested in shooting death of 87-year-old man in Alabama
- Man sentenced to death in Alabama for teen's fatal shooting
- Man arrested after shooting death of man, injuring 4 others
- Alabama man held in daughter's death
- Teen charged in shooting death of Tennessee teen in Alabama
- Texas police arrest Alabama inmate in 1974 death of officer
- Man charged in the shooting death of another man
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi
- 2 friends of missing Alabama man accused in his death
- Police: 4 arrested in Alabama for shooting into home, cars