COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) — Breein Tyree scored 25 points, including a game-tying basket in regulation, and Ole Miss defeated Missouri 90-87 in overtime Tuesday night.
The Rebels took the lead with 4:14 left in overtime and managed to hold on the rest of the way despite a series of fouls and turnovers.
With 15 seconds left and Ole Miss up one, the Rebels turned it over, but Terence Davis picked up a mammoth block on the other end with seven seconds left. Ole Miss closed it out with free throws.
The Rebels (12-16, 5-10 Southeastern conference) led for over 36 minutes, but had to shield a Missouri comeback attempt throughout the second half. The Tigers built a six-point lead with 2:38 remaining, but they allowed Ole Miss to climb back. Tyree drilled a floater with three seconds left to send the game into overtime.
Jontay Porter led Missouri (18-10, 8-7) with 17 points and contributed nine rebounds. Six different Tigers scored in double-digits, but Missouri turned the ball over 21 times, limiting its offensive flow for much of the game. Jeremiah Tilmon picked up a double-double, scoring 12 points and adding 12 rebounds, but shot just 2 for 6 from the free-throw line.
Ole Miss: A very nice start to the Tony Madlock era. After dropping seven consecutive games and losing its coach, Ole Miss rebounded with an impressive offensive performance against a stellar defensive team, and showed enough fight to pick up its first road win in conference.
Missouri: The Tigers have now lost two straight after winning five in a row. While Missouri is still on track for an NCAA Tournament appearance, this definitely puts a dent in its resume. The Tigers also have turnover and inbound issues to fix.
Ole Miss returns home to play Tennessee on Saturday.
Missouri hits the road to face Kentucky on Saturday.
- Tyree leads Ole Miss past Missouri 90-87 in overtime
- Bibbins scores 23 to lead Utah past Ole Miss, 83-74
- Tyler Davis leads Texas A&M past Ole Miss 71-69
- Cunningham leads No. 11 Mizzou women past Ole Miss 67-48
- Vivians leads Mississippi State past Ole Miss 69-49
- Ole Miss baseball cruises past Austin Peay
- Ole Miss falls to Illinois State 101-97 in overtime
- Dawgs drop overtime heartbreaker to Missouri
- Patterson leads Ole Miss over Vanderbilt 57-35
- Ole Miss men's basketball drops 75-69 decision to Missouri.