OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Friday night’s series opener against Tulane was cut short by heavy rain in the area and postponed until Saturday at noon. The game will be picked up in the bottom of the fifth inning with Anthony Servideo at the plate, two outs, Cooper Johnson on first, and the Rebels clinging to a 2-1 lead.
The regularly-scheduled Saturday game will be played soon after the conclusion of game one. Saturday tickets will be honored, and anyone who bought a Friday individual game ticket will be able to exchange it at the ticket office for admission to both contests.
All the scoring took place in the first inning after Tulane hit a solo shot in its first appearance at the plate, but Ole Miss answered in the home half with a pair to take the 2-1 lead. The Rebels got two on after a Ryan Olenek hit by pitch, and a single from Nick Fortes, before an errant throw from the catcher on a throwdown allowed Olenek to score. Thomas Dillard then drove in Fortes on an RBI groundout to the right side of the infield, putting the score where it stands at the postponement of the contest.
Outside of the solo shot, Ryan Rolison was flawless, striking out nine in five innings of work with three hits and two walks allowed.
- Tulane opener postponed to Saturday at noon
- Sixth-inning explosion helps Rebels sweep Tulane
- ICC basketball games postponed to Saturday
- Oxford Regional games postponed to Saturday
- Rebels clinch series over Tulane with a pair of wins
- Northeast basketball games at East Mississippi postponed
- MSU, North Carolina postponed until Tuesday
- Ole Miss baseball game at Memphis postponed to Wednesday
- Friday game postponed for Ole Miss, MSU baseball
- Ole Miss baseball's game 1 at Long Beach State postponed due to rain