BLUE MOUNTAIN, Miss. (WTVA/BMC Athletics) - Blue Mountain College men got their biggest win on the season here Saturday, knocking off #11 nationally ranked Dalton St. in SSAC action, 93-84.
During the first half, both teams went back and forth, matching each other in scoring.
The Toppers grabbed the edge at the half, taking a 41-37 lead into the locker room.
Dalton St. stepped up their defense during the second half, but couldn't handle the BMC backcourt duo of Marcus Anthony (JR/Tuscaloosa, Ala.) and Jaylon Bardley (JR/Columbus, Miss.).
When it was over, Anthony finished with 24 points and Bardley dropped 17.
Blue Mountain's LaByron Harris (JR/Fairfield, Ala.) finished the game with 13 points and five blocked shots. Harrison Fancher (JR/Belmont, Miss.) added 12, including three 3-pointers and Justin McClellon (SR/Olive Branch, Miss.) supplemented the effort with 11 points.
"We had a really good team effort tonight on both sides of the basketball," BMC head coach Jermael Bingham stated. "Our guys came out with great intensity and never let up the entire game. Not only am I pleased with the win, but I'm really happy for our guys."
The Toppers return to action next Saturday at home during Senior Day against #17 William Carey with a 4 p.m. tip time.
- Toppers stun No. 11 Dalton State
- Toppers take series from LSU-Shreveport
- Toppers' season ends at SSAC Tourney
- Mississippi State stuns Texas A&M 93-81
- Luke Alexander's home run lifts Mississippi State over Ole Miss 7-5 in 11 innings
- Oregon State defeats Mississippi State 12-2
- Area Scores (Nov. 11, 2017)
- Area Scores (December 11, 2017)
- Area Scores (January 11, 2018)
- Area Scores (April 11, 2018)