SENATOBIA, Miss. (WTVA/NEMCC Athletics) - Northeast Mississippi Community College's men's basketball team advanced to the semifinals of the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) State Tournament with a 79-73 victory over Copiah-Lincoln Community College on Monday.
The first round matchup at Northwest Mississippi Community College's Howard Coliseum served as the first meeting between the Tigers and the Wolfpack in nine years.
Northeast led from start to finish.
Conner McKay and Bryce Smith tied for a team-high 13 points for Northeast (18-6). Antares Gwyn added 12 points and eight rebounds in the victory.
The Wolfpack were led by Youry White's game-high 17 points. Co-Lin finished in a tie for first place in the MACJC South Division, but fell to second on tiebreakers, while the Tigers were the three seed from the MACJC North Division.
Northeast advances to face Northwest in the state semifinals on Wednesday. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Senatobia.
- Tigers down Co-Lin to advance to state semifinals
- Lady Tigers down Hinds to advance to state semifinals
- Tigers advance to region semifinals with win over Bears
- Mississippi State advances to NIT semifinals at MSG
- State’s Borges advances to second straight NCAA singles semifinal
- Lady Tigers join Northeast men in region tournament semifinals
- Tigers release 2018 baseball schedule
- Indians, Tigers named to MACJC All-State teams
- Ole Miss blanks Auburn 7-0 to advance into SEC Baseball Tournament semifinals
- Tigers in NJCAA poll for first time since 2012