BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Three Rebels collected weekly honors from the Southeastern Conference after a come-from-behind win over Kentucky, the league office announced Monday.
Junior Jordan Ta’amu was named SEC Offensive Player of the Week after throwing for a career-high of 382 yards and four touchdowns.
Ta’amu completed 31-of-40 passes, including eight of his final nine attempts on the game-winning drive. The 77.5 completion percentage set an Ole Miss single-game record (minimum of 40 attempts), breaking Stewart Patridge's mark of 76.7 percent set back in 1997.
Ta’amu became the first QB in Rebel history to total 750 yards in back-to-back SEC games. He had 368 yards last week vs. Arkansas.
Wideout D.K. Metcalf earned Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors following his two touchdown performance against Kentucky, including the game-winner with five seconds left to capture an SEC road win at Kentucky.
Metcalf finished the day with five catches for a game-high 83 yards. The first touchdown grab for 58 yards was Ole Miss' seventh TD catch this season greater than 50 yards. Metcalf leads all SEC freshman in receptions, receiving yards and TD catches.
Josiah Coatney was named SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week following his performance against the Wildcats. Coatney, a sophomore from Douglasville, Georgia, tallied a career-best two sacks and 2.5 tackles for loss in the win. He finished the game with five total tackles, including four solos.
Coatney led an Ole Miss defense that forced four straight 3-and-outs in the second half after the Rebels fell behind by 10 points. He helped the D amass four sacks, their second-most this season, and register their fourth-straight game with at least three sacks.
Ole Miss is back in action Saturday as the Rebels play host to Louisiana. Kick is slated for 11 a.m. CT and will be televised on SEC Network.
- Three Rebels earn SEC weekly honors
- Sweat, Calhoun earn SEC weekly honors
- Rebel golfers sweep SEC weekly awards
- Parker Caracci, Tyler Keenan earn SEC baseball weekly honors
- Peters shares weekly SEC basketball honors
- ICC sweeps MACJC Women's Soccer weekly honors
- Sweat earns SEC honors again, Fitzgerald named Conerly Trophy finalist
- Promise Taylor earns second SEC Freshman of the Week honor
- Ole Miss’ Metcalf earns SEC All-Freshman honors
- Mia Davidson earns second SEC Freshman of the Week honor