COLLEGE STATION, Texas (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Freshman Promise Taylor put on a historic performance, but the Ole Miss women's basketball team fell at No. 14 Texas A&M, 83-54, at Reed Arena on Thursday night.
Taylor entered the night at 61 blocks on the season, needing six to tie the single-season record of 67 set by Shawn Goff in 2008. Thursday, she blew by that with an absurd 10 blocks to go along with a near triple-double with 14 points and eight rebounds.
Taylor set the single-game record in blocks as well, breaking the seven Susan Byrd had vs. Southern during the 1993-94 season. Her 10 blocks Thursday night ranks as the most by anyone in the SEC this season, as well as third-most in the NCAA this year. The 13 team blocks tonight break the previous record of 11 set vs. Memphis in 1998-99 and tie for the most by an SEC team this year.
Taylor was one of four Rebels in double-digit figures, joining Alissa Alston – who scored 17 points for the fifth time in the last six games – Torri Lewis (12 points, 4-of-9 3PT) and Chyna Nixon (career-high 11 points).
The Rebels return home for a Sunday afternoon contest against Alabama, with tipoff set for 2 p.m. CT inside The Pavilion at Ole Miss.
- Taylor shines, but Rebels fall at No. 14 Texas A&M
- Rebels fall to Texas A&M 31-24
- Ole Miss softball falls 2-0 at Texas A&M
- MSU softball falls to Texas A&M 4-1 in eight innings
- Diamond Dawgs fall 7-4 in rubber match to Texas A&M
- Mullen, Fitzgerald look ahead to Texas A&M
- Luke previews Ole Miss-Texas A&M game
- Mississippi State stuns Texas A&M 93-81
- Rebels fall to Razorbacks 97-93
- Ole Miss' rally falls short in 7-6 loss at Texas A&M