BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss women’s basketball player Promise Taylor has been named the SEC Freshman of the Week for the third time this season, the conference announced Tuesday morning.
Taylor, a native of Issaquah, Wash., has now been named SEC Freshman of the Week more times than anyone in Ole Miss history.
Taylor is coming off two solid games vs. No. 11 Missouri (16 points, 13 rebounds) and at Florida (12 points). Her outing vs. Missouri constituted her second career double-double, as well as a career-high 13 boards. She shot .750 from the floor in both games, shooting exactly 6-of-8 in both contests.
The freshman also recorded six total blocks, including four against the Tigers. Taylor has recorded four or more blocks in six games this year while having at least multiple blocks in all but six games this season.
Taylor is the SEC’s top-ranked freshman in shooting percentage (fifth, .595), and ranks 15th in the NCAA in blocks with 2.7 per game. At her current pace, Taylor should surpass the single-season blocks record of 67 set by Shawn Goff in 2007-08 with 78 by season’s end.
Ole Miss returns to the road this Thursday at No. 10 Tennessee.
- Taylor named SEC Freshman of the Week
- Taylor named SEC Freshman of the Week again
- Promise Taylor earns second SEC Freshman of the Week honor
- Davidson named SEC Freshman of the Year
- MSU's Nick Weatherspoon named SEC Freshman of the Week
- Tanner Allen named SEC Freshman of the Week
- SEC All-Freshman center Promise Taylor joins Mississippi State
- MSU's Thompson, Christmann named to SEC All-Freshman Team
- Mia Davidson earns second SEC Freshman of the Week honor
- Tyler Keenan repeats as SEC Freshman of the Week