OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss senior guard Shandricka Sessom will miss the remainder of the 2017-18 season due to a torn ACL suffered in the closing minutes of the first quarter vs. Middle Tennessee on Wednesday night.
Sessom will redshirt this season after not playing the minimum for a countable season and will return for her senior year in 2018-19.
“Obviously, this is a tough blow for us and for Shandricka,” said Ole Miss head coach Matt Insell. “She’s a tremendous athlete and a wonderful person, and you hate to see something like this happen to someone with such promise. We’re going to be here for her during this tough time, and we’ll be excited to get her back next season healthy and ready to go.”
Sessom was on her way to another superb season, averaging 17.7 points per game entering the game Wednesday night. She currently ranks 24th all-time at Ole Miss with 1,131 career points scored.
Ole Miss continues its homestand with a 3 p.m. tipoff vs. Arkansas State on Saturday at The Pavilion at Ole Miss.
- Sessom out for season with torn ACL
- Alabama LB Terrell Lewis out indefinitely with ACL tear
- Toppers' season ends at SSAC Tourney
- Borges’ incredible season ends in NCAA Semifinals
- Thornberry concludes golf season at National Championships
- MSU's Todd to miss 2018 season
- Montez Sweat returning to Mississippi State for senior season
- Ole Miss softball enters season ranked in both national polls
- Rebels open season with 7-3 win over Winthrop
- Mississippi State women wrap up SEC regular-season title