STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District has hired Dr. Cheyenne Trussell as the district’s new director of athletics.
The school district made the announcement Monday, December 4.
The district says Trussell was hired on a recommendation from Superintendent Eddie Peasant during a special called board meeting Monday at noon.
The Jackson State University graduate has previously served as a coach, teacher and principal. He most recently served as the Executive Director of Student Services and Activities for Hattiesburg Public Schools.
He will be introduced on Wednesday, December 6 at 2:15 p.m. at the Starkville High School library.
He replaces retiring athletic director Milton Smith.
- SOCSD names Trussell as new director of athletics
- Will Lowrey named Blue Mountain College athletics director
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- NCAA eases rules on athlete transfers
- Ray White named SEC Legend
- Rob Evans named SEC Legend
- Tanner Smith returns to MSU basketball as director of operations
- Several area athletes sign with Division One schools
- Former Ole Miss athlete wins top track award
- Mississippi State student-athletes post highest GPA on record