BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Two Ole Miss Rebels have been named SEC Players of the Week following the Egg Bowl victory last Thursday night, the league office announced Monday.
Senior kicker Gary Wunderlich was named SEC Special Teams Player of the Week, while sophomore offensive lineman Greg Little earned Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week honors.
Wunderlich, in his final game as a Rebel, capped off a record-setting career becoming the career record-holder in multiple categories. With a 33-yard field goal against rival Mississippi State, Wunderlich became the Ole Miss career record holder in field goals made (64), points scored (350) and points kicking (350).
The Memphis, Tennessee, native also became the school’s career leader in PATs made at 158. The weekly honor marks the third of his career, as he also earned SEC Special Teams Player of the Week accolades following the 2015 win vs. Alabama, and the 2016 victory at Texas A&M.
Little picked up the first SEC weekly honors of his career following an impressive effort on the offensive line. The Allen, Texas, native helped clear the path for Jordan Wilkins, who rushed for 110 yards and a touchdown off 14 carries.
The Rebels converted a season-high four scoring drives in which they scored a touchdown in three plays or less, and for the third time this season recorded multiple 60-yard touchdown passes, most in the FBS. Little’s efforts helped Ole Miss to 355 yards of offense for an average of 6.6 yards per play.
- Rebs' Wunderlich, Little named SEC Players of the Week
- McCowan named SEC Player Of The Week
- MSU's Victoria Vivians named SEC Player of the Week
- Teaira McCowan named SEC Player Of The Week
- Tyler Keenan named SEC Player of the Week
- Taylor named SEC Freshman of the Week
- Dogs down Rebs in Governor's Cup game
- Victoria Vivians named SEC Player of the Week; Bulldogs stay No. 3 in Coaches Poll
- MSU tennis' Rakic named SEC Player of the Week after 4-0 weekend
- Ray White named SEC Legend