OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – Ole Miss has submitted a written notice of its intent to appeal to the NCAA after receiving sanctions on December 1.
The university has also retained the Mississippi-based law firm of Butler Snow to join the existing team of Lightfoot, Franklin & White and Bond, Schoeneck & King for the appeal and other related legal services. Don Barret of the Barrett Law Group will also join the university’s legal team.
“We have the best legal team in the country to handle our NCAA appeal. We added Mississippi-based firms to further strengthen an already exceptional team so that we are in the best possible position to win this appeal,” stated Chancellor Jeffrey Vitter of the University of Mississippi. “We believe the additional penalties imposed by the COI are unwarranted, which we will make very clear at the appropriate time in our written submissions on the merits of our appeal.”
The university received the sanctions which included an additional bowl ban, as well as scholarship losses.
- Ole Miss submits notice of appeal to NCAA
- NCAA issues punishment on Ole Miss
- Ole Miss among NCAA baseball regional hosts
- Report: Ole Miss to receive NCAA ruling Friday
- MSU, Ole Miss tennis teams receive NCAA bids
- MSU men, Ole Miss men, women earn NCAA golf bids
- Ole Miss women’s golf secures first NCAA Championship berth
- NCAA rules 5 former Ole Miss players immediately eligible
- Ole Miss men's tennis headed to NCAA 'Sweet Sixteen'
- Ole Miss women's golf ends historic season at NCAA Championships