OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss has softened its stance on transfer restrictions.
The athletic department originally forbade players from transferring to SEC schools or teams that the Rebels will play in the next two seasons.
In a statement to Yahoo! Sports, athletic director Ross Bjork confirmed players are free to transfer to any school.
Rising seniors can transfer without penalty. Underclassmen will have to receive a waiver from the NCAA to be immediately eligible to play.
Multiple reports state that Shea Patterson, Van Jefferson, and Deontay Anderson will visit Michigan this weekend.
- Ole Miss softens stance on transfer restrictions
- Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson to transfer
- Report: Ole Miss grants Patterson permission to explore transfer
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Ole Miss-ULL kickoff set
- Ole Miss, Louisiana kickoff set
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Bulldogs land UConn transfer
- Van Jefferson transferring to Florida
- Stapleton, Wright transferring from MSU