OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - Less than 48 hours after being selected to the United Soccer Coaches Scholar All-South Region squad, Ole Miss soccer’s CeCe Kizer has been named a USC First Team Scholar All-American, announced Thursday by the coaches organization.
Kizer, an Integrated Marketing Communications major, is the first player in school-history to be named a First Team Scholar All-American by the USC (formerly NSCAA) and is the sixth player all-time to receive Scholar All-America laurels from the coaches organization (Rafaelle Souza, Danielle Johnson, Kristal Menard, Jennifer Soileau, Jessica O’Neill).
The junior is one of just three SEC players to be named USC Scholar All-America, joining fellow first teamer Lindsey Lane of South Carolina and Vanderbilt’s Simone Charley, who landed on the third team.
The Overland Park, Kansas native has received just about every postseason honor in the book following a terrific 2017 campaign. In addition to USC Scholar All-Region and All-America recognition, Kizer has received USC Third Team All-America, TopDrawerSoccer.com Best XI Second Team, CoSIDA Academic All-District and First Team All-SEC laurels.
Kizer put together one of the greatest seasons in Ole Miss history in 2017, establishing herself as possibly the top playmaking threat in the SEC after leading the conference with 16 goals and 39 points on the season. Those totals ranked third and second, respectively, across the landscape of Division I soccer.
Kizer’s goal and point totals in 2017 both tied for the fourth most in a single season in the history of Rebel soccer. The production is nothing new for the junior, she currently ranks fifth all-time in career goals at 35, while her 84 career points is good for sixth-most in program history.
- Ole Miss soccer's CeCe Kizer bestowed with scholar All-America honors
- Ole Miss' Rolison, Woolfolk earn preseason honors from Baseball America
- Ole Miss' Patterson, Haynes honored by SEC
- Ole Miss to honor Bailey, Kilpatrick
- MSU/Ole Miss soccer battle to 1-1 draw
- Kizer becomes first Rebel to earn All-American status
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn
- Ole Miss' Parker Caracci earns second midseaon All-America nod
- Ole Miss’ Metcalf earns SEC All-Freshman honors
- Ole Miss football trio named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society