NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Madinah Muhammad scored 14 points Wednesday as 14th-seeded Ole Miss snapped a 13-game losing streak by defeating 11th-seeded Florida 48-43 in the Southeastern Conference tournament.
Ole Miss (12-18) hadn't won since a 78-75 double-overtime triumph over Florida on Jan. 7. The Rebels next play Thursday against No. 14 Missouri, this tournament's sixth seed.
The Rebels trailed 16-11 early in the second quarter before pulling ahead for good with a 21-3 spurt that lasted into the second half. Florida (11-19) had no baskets and just three points for a stretch of 8 minutes, 24 seconds.
Ole Miss won despite shooting just 27.8 percent (15 of 54). Florida had 20 turnovers and shot 28 percent (14 of 50).
Haley Lorenzen scored 14 points for Florida. Paulina Hersler had 11 points and 10 rebounds. Funda Nakkasoglu also had 11 points.
Ole Miss' Shelby Gibson had 10 points in just 16 minutes before fouling out.
- Ole Miss ends long skid, beats Florida 48-43 in SEC tourney
- Ole Miss hands Florida its first SEC loss
- No. 1 Florida loses team captain Schwarz for SEC tourney
- Mace, Byrne pitch Florida past LSU, 4-3, in SEC tourney
- Ole Miss' Patterson, Haynes honored by SEC
- Ole Miss bows out of SEC Tourney with loss to No. 5 Seed LSU
- Ole Miss, MSU near bottom for preseason SEC picks
- Ole Miss’ Metcalf earns SEC All-Freshman honors
- Ole Miss women fall in heartbreaking SEC opener at Arkansas
- Ole Miss falls on first SEC road trip at Georgia