OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) - After completing a USA Softball Women’s National Team Selection Trial earlier this week in Clearwater, Florida, Ole Miss junior Kylan Becker has been selected to the USA Softball Japan All-Star Series roster. Becker will be the first Rebel in program history to represent Ole Miss on the national team.
“Making the USA National team has to be one of the biggest honors of my career,” Becker said. “It’s been a dream of mine to play at the highest level of softball and now I get to compete alongside the greatest in the world.”
The Miami, Florida native is among 17 athletes, including four other Team USA rookies, that will represent the Stars and Stripes at the USA vs. Japan All-Star Series later in the year. Becker and her team will also compete as a second national team at the 2018 World Cup of Softball.
Becker enters her junior season in Oxford following a sensational sophomore campaign. The speedy slapper earned NFCA All-South Region Third Team laurels as well as First Team All-SEC honors after batting .375, the sixth-highest average in Ole Miss history.
- Ole Miss' Kylan Becker selected to USA Softball Japan All-Star Series roster
- Ole Miss softball's Becker, Cox named Preseason All-SEC
- Ole Miss softball drops series opener to Auburn
- Rosters for all-star football games announced
- Ole Miss drops series opener with Arkansas
- Ole Miss softball earns Saturday sweep
- Ole Miss softball blanks South Carolina 1-0
- Georgia softball downs Ole Miss 5-1
- Series opener in Oxford rained out; MSU and Ole Miss softball scheduled for two games sunday
- MSU softball clinches series win with Sunday sweep of Ole Miss