ATLANTA (WTVA/Ole Miss Athletics) – Ole Miss sophomore wide receiver A.J. Brown was named third team Associated Press All-American, the publication announced Monday afternoon.
A.J. Brown was selected as a third team wide receiver, adding to his All-American honors he received last week from SB Nation and College Sports Madness.
Brown, a sophomore from Starkville, Mississippi, finished the 2017 season as the Ole Miss single-season record-holder in receiving yards (1,252) and tied for the top spot in receiving touchdowns (11). He was tops in the SEC and ranks sixth nationally in receiving yards per game (104.3).
His six 100-yard receiving games is tied for best in a single season, equaling Laquon Treadwell's mark in 2015. The 2017 Conerly Trophy winner finished third on the single-season record charts in receptions (75).
- Ole Miss’ Brown tabbed AP All-American
- Ole Miss great Ray Brown passes away
- Ole Miss' Kaitlin Lee tabbed SEC Pitcher of the Week
- Woolfolk tabbed NCBWA preseason All-American
- Ole Miss' A.J. Brown named semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Ole Miss’ A.J. Brown wins 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Brown leads No. 11 Auburn over Ole Miss
- Ole Miss' Brown, MSU trio named to preseason watch lists
- Ole Miss WR A.J. Brown named finalist for Conerly Trophy
- Ole Miss sweeps Auburn