NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Nettleton honored former NFL player Jason Ferguson on Monday with a sign on Main Street.
Ferguson, a 1993 Nettleton High School graduate, played thirteen seasons in the NFL with the New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins.
After retiring in 2010, Ferguson started his own foundation and has hosted a youth football camp in Nettleton the last two years.
"It's a big honor. It's a big time deal for me," Ferguson said. "I try to represent myself well and I hope that I represent well for my hometown, so I think I have since they gave me a sign. It's very (much) a blessing."
Ferguson also played football at Itawamba Community College and Georgia.
- Nettleton honors Jason Ferguson with sign
- Ferguson hosts football camp in Nettleton
- Nettleton's Grady Gardner signs with NEMCC basketball
- Nettleton High School approves new head baseball coach
- Northeast's Wallace honored by MACJC
- Northeast's Castillo honored by MACJC
- South Pontotoc's Long signs with BMC, Mills signs with Jones
- Peet signs with Delta State
- Nash signs with MUW softball
- Hatcher signs with Blue Mountain