Cedar Falls, Iowa (WTVA/NJCAA) - No. 3 Iowa Western rallied from an early 10-0 deficit to win the 2017 The Graphic Edge Bowl- Feature Game 36-19 over No. 5 Northwest Mississippi. Sophomore Kai Locksley earned postgame Offensive MVP honors for the Reivers.
Northwest built an early lead after Jack Abraham found JaVonta Payton for a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. The Reivers turned to Locksley who provided two touchdown strikes, including one just before halftime for a 17-10 lead at the break. Iowa Western used two more fourth quarter touchdown passes from Locksley to secure the win.
With the win, head coach Scott Strohmeier recorded his 100th career victory and has now guided the Reivers to double-digit wins in five of the last six seasons.
- Iowa Western powers past Northwest Mississippi for bowl win
- Weatherspoon, Holman power Mississippi State past North Georgia
- Milton powers UCF to 34-27 Peach Bowl win over Auburn
- Offense powers Diamond Dawgs past Nicholls 14-4
- Weatherspoon leads Mississippi State past Little Rock
- Dominating defense pushes Mississippi State past Missouri
- Dozier, Lynn, Twins power their way past Royals
- Ole Miss withstands late Mississippi State rally to win the Egg Bowl, 31-28
- McCowan's big night powers Mississippi State women to 14th straight win
- Auburn wins Iron Bowl, SEC West