FULTON, Miss. (WTVA/ICC Athletics) - Itawamba Community College sophomore pitcher Bailie Springfield (Mantee) has been named National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Pitcher of the week and one of two Fast Pitch News NJCAA Player of the Week.
Springfield went 2-0 with a pair of run-rule victories on the week while combining to strike out 12 and walk 2 batters while scattering 8 hits and only allowing 1 run in 9 innings of work to finish the week with a 0.78 ERA.
On Wednesday, she struck out 6 and walked 1 while giving up 3 hits in 4 innings of scoreless work in a 10-1 win in Game 2 against Bevill State (Ala.) Community College. Saturday, the East Webster graduate struck 6 and walked 1 while giving up 1 earned run on 5 hits in the Indians’ 10-1 Game 1 win over Jackson State (Tenn.) Community College.
Springfield and the Indians will be back in action Friday with their first road doubleheader of the season at Jackson State. The first game of the day is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.
- ICC's Springfield earns pair of national softball awards
- ICC softball earns numerous MACJC postseason honors
- ICC's Springfield signs with Southern Miss softball
- Five ICC softball players earn All-Region honors
- ICC's Applewhite earns ITA/Arthur Ashe regional award
- ICC softball releases 2018 schedule
- Pair of ICC student-athletes headed to Belhaven
- ICC to host MACJC Softball Tournament
- Ole Miss softball earns Saturday sweep
- ICC football earns No. 10 ranking in final NJCAA poll