FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Itawamba Community College freshman football player Zion Ford died on Sunday, February 11.
The school confirmed Ford's death via social media but did not release any details surrounding Ford's death.
Ford,19, a Caledonia native, played in six games for the Indians in 2017.
On Monday, ICC released an official statement on Ford's death.
"Our hearts go out to Zion's family," said ICC Head Coach Sean Cannon. "Not only was Zion a great teammate, he was a great kid away from the game of football. Like everyone that knew him, we are hurting and asking that everyone keep his family in their prayers during this difficult time."
"On behalf of our administration, coaches and student-athletes, we want to express our condolences to Zion's family and friends," said ICC President Dr. Jay Allen.
No information has been released concerning specifics of Ford's death.
"At this time, the college cannot currently provide any more details or information on Ford's passing," the college stated.
A prayer vigil has been planned for Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Crane Pavilion on the Fulton campus.
- UPDATE: ICC family grieves following student-athlete's death
- ICC sweeps Coahoma
- ICC softball releases 2018 schedule
- ICC announces 2018 baseball schedule
- ICC announces 2018 tennis schedule
- Northeast women, ICC men win
- ICC women fall to Jones
- ICC sweeps MACJC Women's Soccer weekly honors
- ICC football enters NJCAA Top 20 rankings
- Pontotoc's Whitt signs with ICC soccer