EDINBURG, Texas (WTVA/MSU Athletics) – Due to low visibility caused by fog, Mississippi State’s Monday matchup with UT-Rio Grande Valley was canceled in the bottom of the fourth inning.
The teams held each other scoreless through three frames, but State broke through in the top of the fourth with four runs. UTRGV came back in the bottom half with a triple that was lost in the fog by Jake Mangum.
Following the triple, the umpires met with the head coaches of each squad, and the group determined to call the game.
Due to the circumstances, stats and the result of the game are forfeited by both teams.
The Diamond Dawgs will now turn their attention to a Wednesday meeting with McNeese State in Lake Charles, La. First pitch from Joe Miller Ballpark is set for 6 p.m. CT.
- Game between MSU, UTRGV called due to fog
- MSU softball drops game two at Arkansas
- Tipoff time changed for MSU basketball game with FAMU
- Breiner named MSU pass game coordinator, quarterbacks coach
- Pre-game: MSU fans travel to Women's Final Four
- Friday game postponed for Ole Miss, MSU baseball
- MSU wins game 1 of doubleheader over Ole Miss
- Ole Miss wins game 2 of doubleheader over MSU
- Dak Prescott, MSU greats return for spring game
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns