EAST UNION, Miss. (WTVA) - East Union offensive lineman Noah Ford made history Friday when he signed with Coahoma Community College's football program.
Ford is the first Urchin football player to sign with a college program. East Union has only been playing varsity football for five years.
Ford, who signed as a center, actually gave up football a couple of years ago before returning to the team.
"I love it, being the first one to actually stick with it, and have the opportunity to play, it's amazing," Ford said. "I want to be able to come back here in two years after junior college, and be able to say I signed with a four-year, too."
"He went through some tough times when he was younger," said East Union head coach Kevin Walton. "He fought through it, and he made some mistakes, but I feel like everyone deserves a second chance, and he's made the most of it, so, I think he's gonna do good things."
- East Union's Ford signs with Coahoma football
- ICC sweeps Coahoma
- East Union's Hatfield signs with BMC
- East Union's Duley signs with Blue Mountain cross country
- ICC basketball games against Coahoma moved to Friday
- Tishomingo County's Brose signs with Union softball
- Jamal Shumpert signs with ICC football
- East Union falls to St. Joseph Catholic in game three of 2A championship series
- Ole Miss football inks 15 during December signing period
- Ole Miss football adds seven to 2018 signing class