OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Sophie Cunningham scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, and No. 11 Missouri hit 12 3-pointers to roll to a 67-48 win over Ole Miss on Thursday night, giving the Tigers their best start in program history.
Hannah Schuchts had a career-best four 3-pointers and tied a career-high with 12 points, and Jordan Frericks had 12 points for the Tigers (16-2, 4-1 Southeastern Conference). Lauren Aldridge had eight assists as the Tigers had helpers on 24 of their 25 baskets.
Amber Smith opened the scoring with a 3-pointer, and after Alissa Alston's basket for Ole Miss, the Tigers reeled off 17 straight points, six by Frericks and the last eight from Cunningham. It was 23-7 by the end of the first quarter, and the Tigers never looked back. Smith had 12 rebounds as the Tigers owned the boards 52-28.
Missouri finished 12 of 27 from distance and shot 42 percent overall.
Promise Taylor, a 6-foot-5 freshman from Issaquah, Washington, had 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting and 13 rebounds for Ole Miss (11-7, 1-4). The Rebels were 3 of 18 behind the arc and shot 30 percent.
- Cunningham leads No. 11 Mizzou women past Ole Miss 67-48
- Bibbins scores 23 to lead Utah past Ole Miss, 83-74
- Tyler Davis leads Texas A&M past Ole Miss 71-69
- Vivians leads Mississippi State past Ole Miss 69-49
- Tyree leads Ole Miss past Missouri 90-87 in overtime
- Ole Miss baseball cruises past Austin Peay
- McCowan leads Mississippi State women over Ole Miss
- Patterson leads Ole Miss over Vanderbilt 57-35
- Brown leads No. 11 Auburn over Ole Miss
- Ole Miss women lose at LSU