KNIGHTSTOWN, Ind. (WTVA) - East Webster and South Pontotoc are roughly an hour away from each other, but on Friday, the two schools' basketball programs met on a neutral court roughly nine hours away.
The Wolverines and the Cougars played at the historic Hoosier Gym in Knightstown, Indiana. The gym was made famous in the 1986 movie, "Hoosiers."
East Webster boys coach Michael Seger says the team was invited to play after assistant coach Jon Ginn toured the gym last summer. The Wolverines were asked to secure an opponent, which turned out to be South Pontotoc.
South Pontotoc won the girls' game, 41-34, while East Webster won the boys' game, 69-42.
- Cougars, Wolverines play at Hoosier Gym
- MSU, Arkansas will play Saturday doubleheader
- MSU to play Washington Saturday in CWS
- MSU women picked to finish 2nd in SEC basketball play
- MSU, Nebraska to meet this Sunday in special exhibition play
- Rebels roll past North Alabama, 94-53, in exhibition play
- Arkansas, Ole Miss to play in Little Rock in 2018
- MSU women open SEC play with road win at Georgia
- Stunner: Keenum-Diggs TD on last play; Vikes win 29-24
- MSU set to play Nebraska in the NIT on Wednesday