STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville High School has hired former Mississippi State standout Johnthan Banks to its football coaching staff.
Head coach Chris Jones confirmed to WTVA that Banks will coach cornerbacks. The news was first reported by the Starkville Daily News.
Banks was an All-American at MSU, winning the Jim Thorpe Award as a senior as the nation's top defensive back. He played high school football at East Webster.
Banks spent most of his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Starkville lost to Pearl in the Class 6A state championship game last season, its first under Jones.
- Banks joining Starkville High football staff
- Huff joins MSU football staff
- MSU's Knox joining Florida football staff
- UPDATE: Clark joins Ole Miss football staff
- Chapel, Hunt join Bulldog basketball staff
- Hall hired to Memphis football staff
- Adkins named Starkville High baseball coach
- High school football playoff scores
- Anthony Piroli to lead MSU football strength and conditioning staff
- Ole Miss adds Tyler Siskey to football staff