ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) -- An Aberdeen man has died after a house fire Friday night, according to the Monroe County coroner.
A 911 dispatcher received a call at 10:20 p.m. Friday from someone saying smoke was coming from a house at 103 Century Drive.
Coroner Alan Gurley said Edward "Lashawn" Walker, 36, was removed from the residence by firefighters after they arrived on the scene. At the time, authorities said heavy smoke poured out of the house.
Gurley said medics attempted to revive Walker but were unable to do so.
Family members told Gurley that Walker had been staying at the residence with a friend.
Authorities are uncertain how long the house had been smoking before it was reported.
The State Fire Marshal, Aberdeen Fire Department and Aberdeen Police Department continue to investigate the incident.
Gurley said the cause of death appears to be smoke inhalation, but an autopsy will be conducted to confirm that and rule out any foul play.