Apps | Mobile | Alerts

FEMA: Register for temporary housing assistance

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 6/19/2014 10:17 am
JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency says storm survivors who are running out of funds provided by insurance companies for temporary housing should register for disaster assistance.

Residents of Itawamba, Jones, Leake, Lee, Lowndes, Madison, Montgomery, Rankin, Simpson, Warren, Wayne and Winston counties who were displaced because of April 28 to May 3 storms may be eligible for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program, which can include temporary housing assistance.

Those who need to register can call the FEMA helpline at 800-621-3362.

People who have registered already and need temporary housing should fax or mail a letter to FEMA explaining the situation and documenting the use and expiration of living expenses from insurance. FEMA says they should also include updates to their permanent housing plan in the letter.

Applicants can mail letters to:
National Processing Service Center
P.O. Box 10055
Hyattsville, MD 20782-7055

Applicants can fax letters to:
Attention: FEMA

The deadline to register with FEMA for individual assistance is June 30, 2014.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.

Copyright 2015 Mississippi TV License Company, LLC | Terms Of Use | Privacy | EEO Report | FCC Public Inspection File