Alabama counties get funding for road improvements

Reported by: Mel Carlock
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 7/25/2013 1:39 pm
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) — The state of Alabama will provide money to help with road and bridge projects in 45 counties.

On Wednesday, Governor Robert Bentley announced another $372 million as part of the Alabama Transportation Rehabilitation and Improvement Program.

The latest funding carries the total of the three year program to $1 billion in projects.

The ATRIP program involves the state selling bonds that will be paid off with future highway dollars from the federal government.

The state puts up 80 percent of the cost of a project, and a city or county provides the remaining 20 percent.

Lamar County will receive $2,643,899.17 and Franklin County will receive $8,548,464.69 in the latest announcement.

In May, Marion County and Pickens County were each awarded $1,000,000 from the Rural Assistance Match Program earlier this year.

RAMP was created to help counties who couldn't meet the 20 percent match requirements.
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.

Copyright © 2009–2014 WTVA Inc. | Terms Of Use | Privacy | EEO Report | FCC Public Inspection File