OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) — Some classes at Lafayette High School will be moved elsewhere on campus temporarily after a fire Monday afternoon.
Lafayette County School District Superintendent Adam Pugh said someone set fire to a towel dispenser around 2 p.m.
He said it sent smoke primarily through the new wing of the school, which is where English classes are taught.
No one was hurt, and all students were evacuated from the building.
A school resource officer put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
Pugh said the school district plans to press charges against the person suspected of setting the fire.
A company has been hired to clean up the smoke damage, and that's expected to take a day or two.