MANTACHIE, Miss. (WTVA) -- A two-year-old from Itawamba County is in a Georgia burn center after being burned from head to toe last night.
Mantachie Fire Department officials say they were called to a home on Peck Road in the Shiloh Community Thursday night around 6:30 p.m.
They say the grandfather of the child was apparently burning out a tank with gasoline in it.
Officials tells WTVA.com the fire appeared to go out, but when the man turned the tank over, flames scattered on child.
The child suffered second and third degree burns over 60 percent of his body.
He was taken by ambulance to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo and then transferred to the Georgia treatment facility.
The fire remains under investigation.