VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Vardaman mother is grieving the unimaginable loss of three children in a Saturday morning fire caused by a space heater.
Police said they received a call around 3 a.m. Saturday of the fire at the home on First Street in Vardaman.
Nine-year-old Oscar Razo and seven-year-olds Isabel and Yobani Razo were killed.
"Well, the community is just in a shock," Vardaman Police Chief Kenneth Scott said. "It's a terrible tragedy."
Chief Scott said someone walking by the home saw the flames and alerted the family, who were all still asleep in their beds.
Mother Kim Brown and two older daughters survived.
"She's just in shock right now and just trying to deal after having lost three children," Vardaman First Baptist Church Pastor Archie Goodwin said.
The church and the community banded together to support Brown and her two daughters.
"We're just really going to be reaching out to them, helping them in all the things we can help them with," Goodwin said.
The church has found a temporary home for them to live in.
"[I can't imagine] losing three children, and not only that, losing your entire home and just needing a lot of assistance," community member Tara Terrell said. "And we in Vardaman have always been a strong-knit community."
A strong-knit community that has also donated furniture, clothing, dishes and food to the family.
Terrell said this effort is something the community is used to doing.
"This isn't the first time," Terrell said. "It's just a great community and everybody is going to take care of everybody."
Pastor Goodwin said he and the rest of the community will always remember Isabel, Oscar and Yobani as sweet children.
"We know where they are, but at the same time, our hearts are just broken," Goodwin said.
He said the community will continue to give Brown and her two daughters support until they are back on their feet.