WALTHALL, Miss. (WTVA) — Investigators say a fire at the Webster County Courthouse Thursday morning was accidental.
Fire officials tell WTVA.com they received the call around 2:20 a.m. about a fire and the building was fully involved when they arrived 10 minutes later.
Firefighters from Webster, Oktibbeha, Montgomery, Calhoun and Choctaw County responded to assist with fighting the fire.
Officials had the fire out by 7 a.m., but say the building is a total loss.
A preliminary investigation by the sheriff's office and the state fire marshals lead them to believe the fire started in an office on the southwest corner.
The origin is believed to be an electric power strip.
The county courthouse was built in 1915.
The town of Walthall is located just north of Eupora on Highway 9.