Editor's Note: This article has been updated to include quotes from Oxford police.
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Two women have been arrested in connection to the 2017 death of an elderly man from the Mississippi State Veterans Home in Oxford.
On April 15, 2017, medical personnel from Memphis contacted law enforcement regarding the health and welfare of Durley Bratton, 93, of Oxford.
Bratton was living at the VA facility at the time.
An investigation was conducted into abuse-related injuries suffered by Bratton.
Police say Bratton had fallen at the home, but it had not been reported.
"And from there we were able to confirm that Mr. Bratton had fallen multiple times. It was not reported to them about the injuries. He was placed back in the room and left," said Major Jeff McCutchen with Oxford police.
Investigators were able to identify two employees of the Mississippi State Veterans Home in the case.
Jeanee Dunn, 25, of Oxford, and Bridget Austin, 41, of Abbeville, were identified as persons-of-interest.
During the investigation, Bratton died from his injuries on April 18, 2017.
On July 2, 2018, autopsy results ruled the death as result of blunt force injuries.
Dunn was arrested on July 2, 2018, and Austin was arrested on Monday, July 9.
They are both charged with manslaughter-culpable negligence.
"We're not saying these are intentional actions, but they were negligent and it cost Mr. Bratton to lose his life," stated McCutchen.
Their bonds were set at $250,000 each.
- Women arrested for 2017 death of WWII vet
- WWII Vets Honored in Oxford
- WWII vet celebrates 100th birthday
- Paden man charged with manslaughter for 2017 death
- UPDATE: Arrest made for 2017 murder in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: More women come forward following rape arrest
- Tupelo man arrested for assaulting women in Lee County
- Two women charged, arrested after chase through Lee Co. campground
- Police arrest third person in Corinth man's death
- Man arrested in deputy's death, second person also charged.