LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - One man is on the run after authorities say he severely beat a woman.
Lowndes County deputies are searching for Gary Peeks, 49, of Millport, AL.
Peeks is accused of beating a woman at a home on Blalock Road Monday night.
Investigators say they found the woman collapsed in the woods after she had called 911. She was taken to the hospital with multiple injuries. Her condition is unknown.
Investigators believe Peeks may be in Alabama. The Lamar County Sheriff's Office is also on the lookout for him.
If you have any information, please call the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
- WANTED: Alabama man wanted for aggravated assault in Lowndes County
- West Point man charged with aggravated assault
- Lowndes County officers chase down, arrest wanted man
- Crawford woman charged with aggravated assault with weapon
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash
- Car wreck in Lowndes County kills Alabama man
- UPDATE: Alabama man dies in Lowndes County wreck
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary