JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WTVA) - Saturday is the big day for Mississippi State as the Bulldogs take on Louisville in the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, Florida.
The two teams held a news conference Friday to discuss the game. Each team complemented each other on their strengths and plans to combat them.
MSU Interim Head Football Coach Greg Knox compared Louisville quarterback and former Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson to Michael Jordan.
"You know, it's like playing Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan was gonna get points every night, so you just hope to contain him and not let him get out of control, eliminate big plays. He's a special player," Knox said.
"Anytime you have a guy that wins the Heisman, he's gonna come out and show out and do whatever he feels he needs to do in order to lead his team to a win, and we've just got to try and contain him and not let him do whatever he wants in the game," said Linebacker Dez Harris. "And I believe in our guys, and I believe we can come out and do that."
Similarly, Jackson complimented the Bulldogs' fight and physicality on the defensive side of the ball.
"They fly around to the ball. They're big, physical, nice defensive line. It's gonna be a good game," he said.
The game is set for 11 a.m. Saturday on ESPN.
- VIDEO: MSU, Louisville praise strengths of each team
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville man found
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville girl found
- Louisville woman arrested following casino hotel stabbing
- Louisville .family recovering from storm damage
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect bonds out
- Louisville murder suspect now in custody
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- Memorial Day crash kills Louisville woman