TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo police have released more information about last Friday's shooting that left one person wounded.
The shooting happened sometime near 5:15 p.m. in the area of North Green Street and Debro Street.
Officers responded for a reported shooting. Police found a victim suffering from gunshot wounds.
The suspected shooter, Ricky Fair, 53, of Saltillo, had reportedly shot the victim and fled the scene.
Officers located Fair a block away in a van and vehicle pursuit began. Police say Fair circled the area, rammed a vehicle and pointed a weapon at officers.
Fair stopped at the intersection of North Green Street and Lockridge Street where he surrendered after a "brief standoff" with officers.
"During the pursuit, Fair was seen several times attempting to load a shotgun," police stated.
A shotgun was recovered at the scene of his capture.
"Preliminary investigation indicated that this shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute and that the victim is Fair's son," police stated.
The victim's wounds do not appear to be life-threatening.
Fair has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault, felony child endangerment, felony fleeing, simple assault on a police officer and possession of a firearm by a felon.
His bond was set at $250,000.
Additional charges may be filed as the investigation continues.
- UPDATE: Saltillo man accused of shooting son in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Saltillo skull
- UPDATE: No serious injuries in Saltillo wreck
- UPDATE: Saltillo water switch under consideration
- Tupelo man accused of hitting multiple vehicles
- Human skull found in Saltillo
- Saltillo Public Works director resigns
- UPDATE: Saltillo woman killed in Lee County collision
- UPDATE: PSC to convene public hearing regarding Saltillo water
- Father accused of shooting son in Noxubee County